A native of California, Dr. John Mooney was born in Los Angeles. He graduated as a Doctor of Chiropractic in 1982. Mooney says ” I enjoy helping people with muscular skeletal problems. My father-in-law was a chiropractor for over 50 years.” John has had plenty of inspiration with a father- in-law and brother-in-law in the field! He since has become a Qualified Medical Examiner (QME) and a Chiropractic Orthopedist, as well.
Dr. Mooney and his wife, Ellen, have lived in El Dorado County for over 39 years; moving here because they felt it was a great place to raise their two children. Matt, their oldest, is a history professor in Santa Barbara and their youngest son, Brent, is a chiropractor and joined his fathers practice here at Premier Healthcare. Ellen is very busy herself! She breeds black Andalusian horses. The Mooney’s also share their home with Sophie, their border collie, and Frankie their cat.
What is Dr. Mooney’s favorite ways to relax? He enjoys reading, playing tennis and going to the movies. Dr. Mooney also enjoys going the the Kings games “when they are winning.”
Other activities that keep Mooney very busy include:
- Member of the Placerville Rotary Club
- President of H.E.L.P. which provides shelter and food for people in need
Dr. Mooney says, ” I have been truly blessed by God for a wonderful family, great friends, and a great area to live in.”
- Certified Disability Evaluator
- Independent Medical Evaluator, CCA
- Chiropractor Orthopedist
- ProAdjuster chiropractic – a NASA based technology to evaluate and align the spine.
- Industrial Disability Evaluator
- Qualified Medical Evaluator
- Accident Reconstructionist (the only Chiropractic reconstructionist in El Dorado Co)
John Mooney, D.C., Q.M.E. is proud to serve patients in El Dorado County including Placerville, Diamond Springs, Shingle Springs,El Dorado Hills, Rescue, Gold Hill, Coloma, Pilot Hill, Georgetown, Cameron Park, Newtown, Camino, Cedar Grove, Pollock Pines and all the surrounding areas.